Yen-Jie Chen 陳彥傑
- Email: jerry AT nature DOT ee DOT ncku DOT edu DOT tw
Yen-Jie Chen received the BE degree in Electronic Engineering Department from Southern Taiwan University of Technology, 2002. He is currently a Ph.D. student in the department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, since September, 2004. His current research interests include multimedia database and data mining, emotion recognition and information retrieval.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Department of Electronic Engineering , Southern Taiwan University of Technology, Fall 2002.
- Master of Engineering Degree in Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Fall 2004.
- Fifth year Ph.D. student in Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, since Fall 2004, majored in computer science.
- Music Information Retrieval: music classification, audio transcription and music database system.
- Psychology: the perception of emotion in music, similarity evaluation and classification theory.
- Database: relational and object oriented database design and management system.
- Information Retrieval: search engine, security, and ontology mapping/alignment.
- Y.-J. Chen, "A Fast Repeating Pattern Finding Algorithm for Music Data: A Human Perceptive Approach," Master's Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, 2004.(Advisor: Prof. H.C. Jiau)
- Y.-J. Chen, C. H. Kao, C. W. Chang, and H. C. Jiau, "RPFinder: A Fast Repeating Pattern Finding Algorithm for Music Database," in Symposium on Digital Life and Internet Technologies, 2004.
- National Science Council Projects: Designing a Distributed Tele-Consultation System and Common Components Following Software Analysis(2002-2005):
- This project aimed at developing a tele-consulation system. In order to conquer the obstacle due to geographical distance, this system provided an on-line appointment and consultation environment for doctors and patients. The processes of development follows software analysis, design and implementation phases. I was responsible for database design and maintenance using Oracle 9i.
- National Science Council Projects: Community and Institution Integrated Psychiatric Patient Health Care (2005-2008):
- This project aimed at developing a music information system to help musical therapist choosing musical selections. According to psychology cognition of music, this project developed several musical attribute extractors. With the help of these extractors, it is able to classify musical selections into different emotional categories using musical attributes that are perceptible to therapist. Several low-level audio descriptors were implemented or developed by using Marsyas, MIR-toolbox and jAudio toolbox. These low-level descriptors are integrated into musical attributes for music emotion classifier which was implemented by using Weka.
- DBSE Project-WQS(2006-Fall):
- This project aimed at developing a web based questionnaire system, the whole system was implemented by using PHP and CodeIgniter.
- DBSE Project-OpenKnowledge:
- In order to conquer the frustration due to the fuzzy digging behaviors in the long-long result list returned by Google. This project aimed at developing a knowledge crawler that can help user to find desired information. The system analyzes the input keywords given by user, and builds the goal and related concepts model in user's mind. According to this model, the system crawls related information to user in the background. After the first iteration, the goal and related concepts model are refined according to user browsing history until all the desired information is dug out.
- Lecturer (part-time), Hsing-Kuo University of Management, Department of Electronic Commerce (2006-2007).