Jinghong Cox Chen 陳敬泓
- Email: coxchen @ nature.ee.ncku.edu.tw
Jinghong Cox Chen received the B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan. He is currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree in the Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan. He was a visiting fellow in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York from Feb. 2008 to Jan. 2009. His research interests include software reuse, software evolution, object technologies, design patterns, and refactoring.
- Doctor Ph.D. student in Computer and Communication
Institute, National Cheng Kung University, (2001-)
4 journal and 2 conference papaers
5 external projects with NSC and III
5 research tasks
- College B.S. in Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, June 2001
Jinghong is broadly interested in software reuse, software evolution, and object-oriented technologies. I am especially interested in design patterns, refactoring, and test-driven development.
- H. C. Jiau and J. C. Chen, "Test Code Differencing for Test-Driven Refactoring Automation", ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, vol. 34, no. 1, Jan. 2009.
- H. C. Jiau, J. C. Chen, and K.F. Ssu, "Enhancing Self-Motivation in Learning Programming Using Game-Based Simulation and Metric", Accepted by IEEE Transactions on Education
- H. C. Jiau, J. C. Chen, and K. F. Ssu, "TeMeFr: Towards a Reuse-Based Development for Conference-Oriented Telemedicine Systems," Journal of Information Science and Engineering, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 625-640 , May, 2006.
- J. C. Chen and H. C. Jiau, "Comments on On object system and behavioral inheritance," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 576, June 2003.
- J. C. Chen and H. C. Jiau, "An Adaptive Database Design Approach for Biosignal Data Storage and Retrieval," National Computer Symposium, Dec. 2005.
- H. C. Jiau and J. C. Chen, "A Unified Testing and Development Framework for Component Reuse," Symposium on Digital Life and Internet Technologies, June 2002.
- L. W. Mar, J. C. Chen, and H. C. Jiau, Previewing the Effects of Refactoring, VDM Verlag, May 2008.
Associated Research ProjectsNational Science Council
- A Software Reuse Process Aiding Open-Source-based Software Reuse through Software Refactoring (2005-2007)
- An Evaluation Framework for Open Source Software (2005-2007)
- Designing a distributed tele-consultation system and common components following software analysis and design methods (2004-2005)
- A Unified Testing and Development Software Architecture for Facilitating Software Reuse (2003-2004)
- A Smart Biosignal Database System (2004-2005)
- Visiting Fellow, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
2 journal papers
attended FSE 2008 at Atalanta, GA, USA
- Project Manager, DBSE Lab, NCKU, Tainan, Taiwan 2005-NOW
- Teaching Assistant, Database Application, NCKU, Tainan, Taiwan 2005-Summer
- Teaching Assistant, C Programming, NCKU, Tainan, Taiwan 2004-Summer
- Research Assistant, DBSE Lab, NCKU, Tainan, Taiwan 2001-2005
- Programming Languages
application development ontop of multiple platforms including Jython, IronPython, Eclipse, and Mozilla
multi-paradigm and -language development using Java and Python
- Information Integration and Processing
data visualization using Open DX, Processing, and NodeBox
multi-layer web and database application development using data mashup
- Software Development
requirements engineering using paper prototyping and storyboard telling
regular software development using use cases and UML diagrams