Feng-Pu Yang 楊豐溥
- Email: jopwil AT nature DOT ee DOT ncku DOT edu DOT tw
Feng-Pu Yang received the B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan. He is currently a Ph.D. student of Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University. His current research interest is quantitative methods of software engineering, especially those in dealing with quality issues during software maintenance. He is also interesting in domain specific knowledge and context aware computing, and studies these two topics in context of web searching.
- College B.S. in Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, Fall 2002
- Master M.S. in Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, Fall 2004
- Doctor Five year Ph.D. student in Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Fall 2004, majoring in software engineering
- Software Measurement.
- Software Quality Model.
- Software Evolution and Maintenance.
- Domain-Specific Web Search.
- Context-Aware Computing.
- F. P. Yang, C. H. Kao, and H. C. Jiau, "How Design Principles would Affect Maintenance Effort: A Case Study," Symposium on Digital Life and Internet Technologies, June 2004.
- F. P. Yang, C. H. Kao, H. C. Jiau, "From Principle, Product, Process to Effort," Proceedings of International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications, pp. 247-253, Nov. 2004.
- F. P. Yang, F. C. Hwang, W. Z. Hu, Y. S. Lai, H. C. Jiau, P. C. Chung, "A Reusable Software Architecture for Context-Aware Applications," National Computer Symposium, Dec. 2005.
Associated Research ProjectsNational Science Council Projects
- An Evaluation Framework for Open Source Software (2005-2007)
- A Reliability-Preserving System in Software Maintenance – with an Empirical Validation in OSS(Open Source Software) Community (2007-2009)
- Universal Context Aware Service Presentation (2005)
- Teaching Assistant, Java Programming Language, NCKU, Tainan, Taiwan Fall 2002.
- Teaching Assistant, C Programming Language, NCKU, Tainan, Taiwan Summer 2003.
- Use Case Parser, project member, develop tag-based widget.
- All in Strategy(EE-Elevator), project member, design and implement controller and model of program.
- Ontology Based Search, project leader, design and prototype knowledge-based meta-search engine.
- Programming Language: Java and Python.
- Web application development: TurboGears (Python), Ruby on Rails (Ruby)